Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Comic-Con 2011 part 2

Getting lost in San Diego was not fun. The trolleys were confusing and I should have known better than to hop on the first random trolley that rolled past. For those who don't know, San Diego has a small dedicated train system that went around the major parts of the city, called the trolley. About $2.50 each way. It only had about 3-4 different lines and it was just my luck I took the one NOT going back to the convention centre. Protip: research the trolley lines before you get on!

I heard everyone saying that Thursdays and Fridays at SDCC are the quiet days. Since everyone is supposed to be working. But I saw no difference. It's just as bad on the Thursday as it is on the Saturday. You need to dedicate yourself to a single goal for the day. Whether it's to watch that super-hot panel, or line up for convention exclusives. It's pretty much near impossible to do both without some form of backup or help.

For example, I dedicated my Thursday and Friday solely on getting art, and Saturday I was going to try for autographs and panels. The Saturday I literally walked into the panel room I wanted to get into. No lines nothing! There were about 2-3 panels before the one I wanted to catch. So I decided to bail on the room and get into a line for autographs. There was apparently a one in five shot of getting the lucky ticket. People around me were super prepped for it, they got like a group of friends or family all joining the line to help them out. So me on my lonesome, hah! But I gave it a shot anyway and failed as expected.

Killed an hour or so in that autograph line. So then I decided screw it, back to the room I bailed on to watch my panel. And lo behold, there's now this massive fucking line that wrapped around the building for that room. Protip 2: Don't try for autographs, stay in the fucking room. Unless you have help in the form of family and friends. Some tickets are even worse, with a one in 50 chance of scoring an autograph ticket. I'm looking at you Doctor Who...

No comments:

Post a Comment