Thursday, August 4, 2011

SDCC 2011 report Part 3

Speaking of Dr Who, the US fandom is crazy! The line at Hall H was insanely huge, and even though I lined up about 2 panels prior, I still only managed to get in about 15 minutes late into it. Would have been great to see the Supernatural panel before it, but thats the price I pay for not camping out!

I discovered late on Saturday that one of the Free SDCC shuttles actually stop past the hotel next door to mine! So here's me getting lost on trolleys, paying $5 a day getting about, killing my feet walking thinking I could save a buck when there was free regular transport all along! Ahh, karma. What did I do to you...

The discounts were few and far between in the closing hours Sunday. A lot of stalls would not budge or discount for me I found. The leftover stock weren't that appealing to me but I did pick up some otherwise harder to find items. But some stuff I had my eye on Thursday/Friday were long sold. So if you see something you want, just get it. No point saving what, $10 when you'll regret it later.

Closing at 5pm on Sunday made it feel way too short. The other days where it ended on 7pm, I was actually feeling it was JUST enough time. But as soon as SDCC ended and everyone packed up, San Diego became like a ghost town. Everyone packed up and went straight back to their state. It was eerie. Just moments ago, the Total Recall car was there, along with the scale replica of South Park city, and in just a couple hours, total emptiness. It was depressing. But the party can't go forever...

Bring on 2012. I'll be ready for you next time Comic-Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment